Vedic Education and Our Offerings
Profile of Adhyapaks
Shukla Yajur Veda
Shri Kumara Guru Ganapatigal
Our Chief Adhyapak (Vedic Teacher) Shri Kumara Guru Ganapatigal is a highly acclaimed Vedic Scholar. He has studied Kramantham in Raja Veda Patashala, Kumbakonam and pursued Ganantham under Sri.Parasurama Ganapadigal, Chennai. He has won several awards
Sri S Harihara Ganapatigal assists Shri Kumaraguru Ganapatigal in imparting Vedic studies to all our junior vidhyarthis. He completed his Ganantham from Athur patashala itself in 2015.
Sri Manoj Ganapatigal assists Shri Kumaraguru Ganapatigal in imparting Vedic studies to all our junior vidhyarthis. He completed his Ganantham from Athur patashala itself in 2015.
Krishna Yajur Veda
Studied Kramantham at Thiruvannamalai under Sri. Senthilnatha Ganapadigal, Ramana Kendram.
Shri Senthilnatha Ganapatigal of Sri Ramana kendhram, Thiruvannamalai has assumed overall charge of running Sri Krishna Yajur Veda at our Vedhashram.
Sri Sankararaman is an MA BEd in Sanskrit and a Scholar in Jothisha sasthram
Profiles of Academic Teachers
- Pursuing his M.Tech in SRM Engineering college, Chennai.
- Teaching English to our Patashala kids. 4 classes per week
Mrs. Aishwarya Krishnamurthy
- A Graduated from NIT Trichy.
- Teaching Mathematics to our kids. 2 classes per week
- Yoga teacher in a Govt. aided School in Maraimalai Nagar, near Chengalpattu.
- Certified in Yoga by Dr. Asana Andiappan Yoga Centre.
- Teaching Yogo to our kids. 2 classes per week
- Physical Education teacher in a Govt. aided school in Kodambakkam.
- Training our kids in Sports
Residential Veda Camp for Non Vedic Children
- Conducted 7 batches so far
- 185 school kids - Brahmin boys in the age group of 10 to 14 were oriented on our rich culture and tradition.
- Conducted 2 weeks of residential camps for these kids in 7 batches from 2013 during their summer vacation.
- Trained them on Sandhyavandhanam, Samithadhanam, Sri Rudhram, Vishnu sahasranamam, Ganesha Atharvasirsham and other slokhas.
- Invited guest lectures by eminent scholars for them.
- Indoor and outdoor games arranged inside our Ashram campus to keep their spirits upbeat.
- Various activities like performing poojas, feeding cows, gardening, yoga, visits to nearby temples, poor feeding included as part of the curriculam.
- Trained them to do all their daily routines themselves.
Facilities for the Vidyarthis
- Sanskrit, English, Maths, Yoga and physical education being organised for the vidyarthis
- Tied up with Ahobila Mutt School in Madhurantakam for taking 10th and 12Th exams
- Exams / Certificates in Vedas by Veda Rakshana Nidhi Trust
- Common Dormitory Stay free of cost
- Free food
- Milk / Tea at early morning – 5.00 am
- Breakfast – Tiffin / Pazhayamudhu at 8.00 am
- Lunch with Curry / Koottu, Sambar, Rasam, Butter Milk
- Snacks at 4.00pm – Sundal, Biscuits, Milk / Tea
- Dinner - Rice, Sambar, Butter milk; Tiffin on Ammavasai and Masa Pirappu
- Idli for Breakfast once a week and Chappathi on every Saturday night.
- 5 weeks leave during Summer - from 4th week of April till end May every year.
- One mobile phone available with admin co-ordinator for parents to reach their wards
- Visits by parents on unadhyayana dhinams with prior information
- Stay facilities available for visiting parents.
- Medical Insurance coverage of Rs. 1 lakh each for all Vidhyarthis and staff, spouse and children.
- Periodic medical camps conducted and medical records maintained.
- One full time student wellness manager ensures holistic grooming of Vidyarthis and update parents on their wards' progress
- Indoor and outdoor play equipments for students' physical wellness
Nativity of Vidyarthis
Vidyarthis Hail From:
- Andrapradesh / Telengana
- Uttar pradesh
- Madhya pradesh
Total - 82
- 2013-14 - Kramantham Poorthi – 5 students
- 2014-15 - Ganantham Poorthi – 5 students
- 2015-16 - Kramantham Poorthi – 4 students
- 2016-17 - Kramantham Poorthi – 6 students
- 2017-18 - Ganantham Poorthi – 2 students
Many of our Vidhyarthis have won prizes in the inter patashala competitions and scored very high marks in periodic external examinations conducted by
- Veda Sastra Udhdhejaga Sabha,Pune
- Chakyabhi Vardhaga Nilaya Veda Sastra Pariksha, Sariballi, Andhra Pradesh
- Sringeri Saradha Peetam and
- Om Charitable Trust
Daily Routine for Vidyarthis
- 4.30 - Get up
- 5.00 - Pooja for the deities
- 5.30 - Sandhyavandanam & Samithadhanam
- 8.00 - Breakfast
- 8.30 - 11.00 – New Patam
- 11.30 - Madhyanikam
- 12.00 - Lunch
- 1.00 - 2.30 Break
- 2.30 - 4.00 Patams
- 4.00 - 5.30 Snacks and Playtime
- 5.30 – 6.15 Sayam Sandhyavandhanam & Samithadhanam
- 6.15 to 8.15 Pata reharsals, Vishnu sahasranamsm and other Slokhas.
- 8.30 Dinner
- 9.00 Sleep
Academic subjects in after noons – scheduled in between Vedhic classes in batches
SCVG Vedashram – Points for Consideration
For Parents of children
- Spiritual Guidance by Swami Omkarananda of Theni
- Committed and good Adhyapaks
- Excellent infrastructure
- Good Accessibility ( Near Chennai )
- Holistic education including Sanskrit, Yoga, basics of english, maths etc.
- Only institution offering higher studies in Shukla Yajur Veda in TN
- Potential to pursue higher vedic learning like Sastra vichara, bhashyam, vedantam etc
- Constant growth and progression
80G exemption is available
- Good and transparent accounting
- Professional Management with good reputation
Vedic support extended to Other Institutions
SCVG Vedashram has extended support to the following patashalas, by lending Vidhyarthis and adhyapaks and revived Vedic education in these institutions :
- Swaminathar Trust, Cuddalore
- Om Sri Skandhasramam, Salem
- Sri.Sarguneswarar Veda patashala, National College Campus, Trichy
SCVG Vedashram extends continuous academic supervisory support to these institutuions